Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M3G4

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2007
Kent, UK
Take a look at this photo and tell me what's wrong...

ohnoes.jpg

Yep. Third time since I've had it. Beginning to get ticked off now.

I wouldn't mind so much if it was used on the move, but it sits on my desk. It's not mistreated whatsoever! :mad:

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
I have three of those cracks, two on the top and one exactly where yours is, I just superglued it and it's fine now.

ChrisN

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
Is it time for you to get a replacement or you're not entitled yet?
I've had many iPhones cracking/other issues, and I've been offered a full refund after 7 months of use.. trying to get it exchanged again, kinda feel like I'll give up and accept any flaw now..

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
Is it time for you to get a replacement or you're not entitled yet?
I've had many iPhones cracking/other issues, and I've been offered a full refund after 7 months of use.. trying to get it exchanged again, kinda feel like I'll give up and accept any flaw now..

I've had mine for 2 years? maybe 3 so they won't do anything for me but good luck M3G4.

ChrisN

M3G4

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2007
Kent, UK
It's a design flaw so they should do something. If they don't, I'm going to kick up one hell of a fuss. My dell laptop has been battered around and nothings' fallen off yet! :p

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
It's a design flaw so they should do something. If they don't, I'm going to kick up one hell of a fuss. My dell laptop has been battered around and nothings' fallen off yet! :p

Do you have AppleCare? If so, then you're fine. If not, you are probably out of luck but you it is worth a try anyway. You may get a sympathetic Genius who is willing to make an exception. It's happened for me with my old WhiteBook- I got a replacement battery well out of warranty. Good Luck.

fourtyoneantz

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2009
Even if you don't have AppleCare I'm almost positive they will replace it. If you get a Genius that says they won't, put up a huge fuss. That's B.S. That is a design flaw and should be covered with or without AppleCare. But like I said, I think you'll be fine either way.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
On the bright side, at least the whole wrist rest / keyboard / trackpad area will look like new after they replace it! They've had to replace mine twice so far due to the cracking, and while it's such a pain leaving it at the Apple Store, getting it back in the like-new condition is pretty nice. :eek:

Mr Earl

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2008
They replaced mine the second time out of warranty. I think the plastic is better now.:rolleyes:

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
What am I supposed to be looking for here. I've been looking at the picture quiet a bit and still cannot find what's wrong here haha someone help me out i feel slow

mik34

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2008
Really?

What am I supposed to be looking for here. I've been looking at the picture quiet a bit and still cannot find what's wrong here haha someone help me out i feel slow

If that's the case, I got a whole bunch of "like new" crap to sell you.

ux4all

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
Chicago, IL, USA

If you look at the picture, you should see 2 lines. The outter line represents the case, the inner (faint) line is the nasty crack in the case.

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
oh wow I had no clue those were cracks. I thought that was part of the casing. Sorry I havent had a white macbook in a year or so. I forgot what the edges looked like. welp, send to apple or bring to apple and get a diff one......i suppose?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.