PDA

View Full Version : find list of installed applications

chidambaram
Mar 3, 2009, 05:20 AM
hi,

I want to know the list of applications which is installed in my MAC OS using scripting language.

Thanks in advance...

robbieduncan
Mar 3, 2009, 06:49 AM
Shell out to the command line system_profiler utility and parse the output...

alphaod
Mar 4, 2009, 02:02 AM
System Profiler shows that information.

chidambaram
Mar 4, 2009, 02:20 AM
Thanks for ur reply.
But, I want to Find those information, using Apple Script

ziggyonice
Mar 4, 2009, 02:23 AM
AppleScript allows you to tell your computer to do different commands and such... it's really not meant for acquiring information like the list of applications and their sizes. You might be thinking of using the Terminal, which can give you all that information, although you have to know a little bit of techno-speak to do it correctly.

Otherwise, yes -- using the System Profiler would be the easiest method. I don't think it's possible to do using AppleScript.

robbieduncan
Mar 4, 2009, 04:31 AM
Tell AppleScript to run a shell script which can call the command line system_profiler tool

chidambaram
Mar 4, 2009, 04:56 AM
Thanks for ur reply...

Is it possible to call applescript from PHP?

robbieduncan
Mar 4, 2009, 05:22 AM
Thanks for ur reply...

Is it possible to call applescript from PHP?

I have no idea. But if you are using a shell script from AppleScript why not just call that directly from PHP?

chidambaram
Mar 9, 2009, 12:18 AM
hai,

How to find , list of softwares installed in MAC OS, using X-Code?

Thanks in Advance..

angelwatt
Mar 9, 2009, 07:50 AM
It tends to lead to System Profiler. Perhaps you need to explain why you're wanting to do this so people can give you a better approach rather than leading down the same path for every thread.

chidambaram
Mar 12, 2009, 06:30 AM
Hi,

I want to find all the .app files stored in /Applications folder using xcode?

How can i do this?

Thanks in advance...

robbieduncan
Mar 12, 2009, 06:35 AM
You have asked this exact question at least 5 times already. Please stop posting new threads. I could probably help you but as you have shown us no respect by constantly posting new threads I won't be helping at all.

chidambaram
Mar 12, 2009, 08:09 AM
You have asked this exact question at least 5 times already. Please stop posting new threads. I could probably help you but as you have shown us no respect by constantly posting new threads I won't be helping at all.

robbieduncan,

I had the solution for applescript . Now i need in xcode so only i opted for new thread.

robbieduncan
Mar 12, 2009, 08:12 AM
XCode is an IDE: an Integrated Development Environment. It is not a programming language so your question makes no sense. You can use XCode to write AppleScript. If you have an AppleScript solution that will work within an XCode project.

chidambaram
Mar 12, 2009, 08:16 AM
I need to write in Carbon c++.

robbieduncan
Mar 12, 2009, 08:35 AM
I need to write in Carbon c++.

Then I'd still suggest my original suggestion of shelling out to the command line system_profiler and parsing the output.

chidambaram
Mar 14, 2009, 01:14 AM
i got the list...

Thanks for all ur reply...