Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

depulse

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Europe
In the Aaple Store the Macbook is marked are "New".

I've chekced the specifications and I can't find anything that has changed (was hoping for firewire or a speed bump). Just an error or did I miss something?

Arkangil

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2009
I can't see a difference on the mb either.

Was a 256gig SSD always an option on the mbp? It could be "new" because it has new options, not necessarily a new base item. Except the 2.53 is now the 2.66 as has been mentioned in other threads

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
In the Aaple Store the Macbook is marked are "New".

I've chekced the specifications and I can't find anything that has changed (was hoping for firewire or a speed bump). Just an error or did I miss something?

At the moment the only things I see 'new' are mini, iMac, and MacPro.

No firewire on the macbook aluminum.

tekilla

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2008
I thought the "New" referred to the recent (and quiet) updates to the White MB ?
It got a CPU downgrade although now has 1066FSB, DDR3 and 4GB (max) IIRC.

GfulDedFan

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
Indiana
I thought the "New" referred to the recent (and quiet) updates to the White MB ?
It got a CPU downgrade although now has 1066FSB, DDR3 and 4GB (max) IIRC.

DDR3? I don't think so but it did also get the same nVidia graphics as the aluminum MB's.

MacBook08

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2008
California
I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention since I purchased my unibody (2.0) MacBook in October but it appears that the build-to-order options for RAM and HDD are cheaper now: $100 to upgrade to 4 GB RAM and $75 to upgrade to 250GB HDD. If I'm wrong, I missed out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.