Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ciordia9

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Well for all of us out there that were in the wings, waiting some pre-december onwards, our nest eggs can finally be free.

I'm poor as all get out right now and holding on to a lump sum for the new iMac has driven the family wonky. The time savings I'll get not waiting for the spiny-beach-ball-o-doom will more than make up for the price tag.

Just ordered the 24"/2.93/GT 130 version and a healthy slice of apple care in case the lemon line is mine.

I hope all of your decisions and purchases go smoothly and now we can pass our burden of wait onto the next generation seekers.

ahhhhhh....

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Finally.

I doubted today as the date of release, which makes me wonder what is being displayed in 3 weeks at Apple.

The mini is a disappointment but the iMacs are a nice step. The low end 24" is a good value.

dandeco

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2008
Brockton, MA
WooT! That $599 Mac Mini is mine!

Seriously, sure the upgrades weren't THAT big, but with an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz processor, a 120 GB hard drive, an NVidia Graphics Chip and a SuperDrive as STANDARD, when just last week that same price would just get you a 1.83 GHz processor, an 80 GB hard drive, an Intel Graphics Chip and a Combo Drive, I have a feeling I'll want to buy THIS. And with the educational discount and RAM upgrading to 2 GB now only $45, once I've made $700 in my upcoming job I can buy that Mac Mini from the Apple Education Store (good thing I'm still a college student!)

And luckily, it still has FireWire!

I do already have an Apple Pro Keyboard and several USB mice, and I have an HP 15-inch CRT monitor that uses VGA (currently connected to my HP desktop PC) so I can buy a MiniDisplay-to-VGA adapter. If not, then I'll look for a used Apple Studio Display or Apple Cinema Display online, like this:
22indexphoto106282000.jpg

Not only is there a DVI version, and not only do I need to spend loads of money on a new Apple Cinema Display, I really like how the old ones looked. They're nice and stylish.

Not only that, but maybe once I have this and my eMac, I could just buy one of those Belkin Switch thingies and set up both the Mac Mini and the eMac on the same desk, sharing the same keyboard and mouse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.