Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple yesterday released a pair of updates, currently available through the Apple Downloads page:

Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 2.5
This update extends RAW file compatibility for Aperture 2, iPhoto '08, and iPhoto '09 for the following cameras:

Nikon D3X
Epson R-D1x

It also addresses issues related to specific cameras and overall stability.
The update requires OS X 10.4.11 or 10.5.3 or later and weighs in at 3.81 MB.

Battery Update 1.4
This update improves the ability of MacBook batteries to maintain a charge when the system is shut down and not used for an extended period of time.
Apple's support document about this update provides information on how to determine which machines require the update and how to apply it, as only those machines with battery device name "ASMB016" or "ASMB013" in the serial number, a Pack Lot Code of 0002, and a battery firmware version of 0110 as displayed in the "Battery" section of System Profiler require the update. The update requires OS X 10.5.6 and weighs in at 210 KB.

Article Link: Apple Releases Digital Camera RAW and MacBook Battery Updates

Mykbibby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2007
Palm Springs, CA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Battery update sounds lovely...

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
Why doesn't the MBP get the battery update? My MBP loses a lot of juice while in sleep mode, while my old PB hardly lost any.

Unfortunately they make no mention of excessive sleep power consumption, this fix is for a problem that only seems to occur when the Macbook is turned off.

mwp98223

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2007
Conway Washington
Ok. My macbook meets the stated system criteria. I ran the update and was told it installed and rebooted the machine. I return to system profiler and nothing appears to have changed. How do I know this has installed properly?

fabian9

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2007
Bristol, UK

Apple yesterday released a pair of updates, currently available through the Apple Downloads page:

Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 2.5The update requires OS X 10.4.11 or 10.5.3 or later and weighs in at 3.81 MB.

Battery Update 1.4Apple's support document about this update provides information on how to determine which machines require the update and how to apply it, as only those machines with battery device name "ASMB016" or "ASMB013" in the serial number, a Pack Lot Code of 0002, and a battery firmware version of 0110 as displayed in the "Battery" section of System Profiler require the update. The update requires OS X 10.5.6 and weighs in at 210 KB.

Article Link: Apple Releases Digital Camera RAW and MacBook Battery Updates

I also had a Wifi Client update when I just ran the software update. Hopefully this will improve performance and the cut out wifi drop outs in leopard i've had recently.

it weighs in at 1.8MB and requires a restart.

running on mid 2007 macbook, 10.5.6.

fabian

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 106

Peruvian

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2006
U.K.
i dont see a macbook battery update on mine.... is this update for the newer models?

claimed4all

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2008
i dont see a macbook battery update on mine.... is this update for the newer models?

Following the instructions on apples website, it seems that you the user needs to verify if you need it. It lists macbooks from 2006 to now as possible candidates.

sallythemac

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
My aluminum 2.4 GHz did not meet the requirements.

Ditto.

The affected systems list is very ambiguous. Long and short of it, if you download it (it's tiny so u may as well) and try running it, it will say "your computer does not need this update" if it doesn't. Nothing lost.

jensepollense

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2007
Virginia Tech/Blacksburg, VA
I just downloaded this update, and after my computer restarted, the date was all messed up and now it won't go back to the correct time. It says it's December 31, 2000 at 7PM. I can set the time manually, but when i check the box to set time automatically, it reverts back to 2000. Anyone else having this problem or have a solution?

Thanks

EDIT: the problem is I downloaded all the updates released today -- iLife, Digital Camera, MacBook Battery etc -- so I don't know which one exactly caused this.

Catacang

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2008
Portugal
Ok. My macbook meets the stated system criteria. I ran the update and was told it installed and rebooted the machine. I return to system profiler and nothing appears to have changed. How do I know this has installed properly?

My mother's white Macbook (Late 2007 - Santa Rosa) also meets the criteria stated by Apple in it's support website.
I downloaded and run the update, the system rebooted as requested and in the system profiler nothing has changed too.
I expected at least the number in the Pack Lot Code field to increase from 0002 to 0003, because in the site has a note that says if that number is 0003 the update has already been applied.
Any ideas? Is this the expected behaviour?

MasterNile

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2008
San Antonio, TX
My battery info meets all the requirements but doesn't show up in software update...anyone have any idea what's up with that? (I triple checked that it meets all the requirements)

EDIT: maybe I installed it yesterday without noticing, is there anyway to check?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.