Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

war eagle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Hey, i'm not really looking for opinions on the camera but I got the Samsung SC-MX20B. I'm trying to get into video editing or what not. I plan on shooting my first footage on Spring Break this year. Capture some crazy stuff maybe lol.

What are some beginners pointers some of you may have? Books to read etc.

lokibrehm

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2009
UK
hmm...

1. considering the size of your camera, I'd say definitely use a tripod. Small cameras, even those with image stabilizers tend to shake obnoxiously too much. I have a canon hv20 and didnt own a tripod until recently and that took a serious toll on the quality of my work.
2. the books you should read depends on what you want to do. Since you say editing, and I assume using Final Cut Pro there is a quick and easy book called "The Focal Easy Guide to Final Cut Pro" by Rick Young, which has a good solid intro for begginers.
3. the last tip is a personal opinion and i've observed it through photography mostly. when I put my camera away, something amazing happens. so get in the habit of whipping your camera out as fast as possible cause you never know when some "crazy" is gonna happen.
judging by the timing of your shoot, I'd say your notion of crazy is some girls gone wild type stuff, but hey, whatever who am I to judge!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.