Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superspud

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
my macbook was getting pretty yellow / brown from my hands.. yesterday i bought a mr clean magic eraser and went to work.. did my hand rest area, track pad, keys, border around screen, outside of the case, EVERYTHING. my macbook now looks brand spanking new!

THANK YOU MAGIC ERASER!!!!!

......that is all......

JustOneQuickONe

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2008
you did the outer case, like the shell? I've heard mixed reviews about doing this. Some people claim it takes away some of the shine, so now that you have done it is this just a bunch of nay sayers worried about the case that have never tried it?

superspud

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
Seems like this was discussed before... Oh well.

im sure it has, but i was excited....

you did the outer case, like the shell? I've heard mixed reviews about doing this. Some people claim it takes away some of the shine, so now that you have done it is this just a bunch of nay sayers worried about the case that have never tried it?

im not sure, if it did it wasnt very much b/c i cant tell. the outside has scratches and swirl marks from wear and tear so its not all that pretty anyway...

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
im sure it has, but i was excited....

im not sure, if it did it wasnt very much b/c i cant tell. the outside has scratches and swirl marks from wear and tear so its not all that pretty anyway...

Did it make any of the scratches less visible, or just remove accumulated dirt and the like??

superspud

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
Did it make any of the scratches less visible, or just remove accumulated dirt and the like??

just cleaned the surfaces. i had the common brown spots near my track pad so that was the main reason for me buying the ME however once i cleaned that area i gave my entire computer a one over and was amazed how much other grime was removed...

for the price (about $1.50) i cant think of a reason NOT to do this....

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
do those magic erasers leave "debris"(i dont know what you'd call it) behind like a normal pencil eraser?
I was just curious if little pieces of that thing could drop down under the keys if you were to use it on the keyboard.

superspud

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
do those magic erasers leave "debris"(i dont know what you'd call it) behind like a normal pencil eraser?
I was just curious if little pieces of that thing could drop down under the keys if you were to use it on the keyboard.

nah man its just a sponge... and from what i can tell there really isnt any chemical on there, it doesnt smell like anything, you cant see any bubbles or anything... you just get it wet, squeeze as much of the water out as you can, then just rub / scrub down whatever you are cleaning... you can see the dirt come up but you just wipe it away with a paper towel or something and keep on cleaning... pretty neat... magical even..... :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.