Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danneman101

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
What setting do I need to edit to make my apps name appear under the its icon?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
"Bundle display name" in your Info.plist. Normally this is set to ${PRODUCT_NAME} and the app name by default appears under the icon. You must've messed something up.

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
In the Project Settings, I think it's under "Product Name". Make sure you set that for both Debug and Release settings.

Danneman101

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
DreamPod: Yes, the product name was already set in the "Target MyApp Info" -> Build -> Product Name. That took care of most things.

dejo: For the actual name to appear under the icon, however, it was as you said the Bundle display name. I changed both "Bundle display name" and "Bundle name". I must have thought that it should say ${MyApp} instead of just MyApp here, which messed up things.

I still have ${EXECUTABLE_NAME} in the "Executable file" in the Info.plist, though. Should I change that too to MyApp?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
I still have ${EXECUTABLE_NAME} in the "Executable file" in the Info.plist, though. Should I change that too to MyApp?
No. And you should change your Bundle Display Name and Bundle Name back to ${PRODUCT_NAME} as well. There is a reason that these values are set to pull dynamically. That way you only need to change the value in one place and it propagates to where it's needed. This approach also allows you to localize these values if necessary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.