PDA

View Full Version : Cant run Starcraft(Carbon)....anymore

8thDegreeSavage
Jun 19, 2002, 05:07 AM
For some reaoson i get an "Unexpectedly Quit" mesage when i try to run SC(Carbon) this seemd to take place after i installed 10.1.5 either that or Silk or Visage....can one or any of these problems be stemed to any of those apps?.
Does anyone else have this issue??....it runs fine is OS9 and i have reinstalled it twice now...with no sucess.

Someone please help!

Megaquad
Jun 19, 2002, 04:12 PM
I have the same problem! :mad:

Macmaniac
Jun 19, 2002, 07:57 PM
I had this same prob, it is very simple. IF you have the dialog box that comes up first: ie the thing that asks about moniters and has basic and advanced tabs.
Here is what you do.
1 When it comes up click the box "don't show again" and hit ok. It will crash
2 then click on starcraft again, it will work fine.
If you have more probs let me know.

alex_ant
Jun 19, 2002, 08:30 PM
If Macmaniac's advice doesn't work, try putting SC on Silk's exclude list in System Preferences.

8thDegreeSavage
Jun 20, 2002, 06:43 PM
Yeah Blizzsupport gave same work around as macmania...thanks for your help bros!:D

Macmaniac
Jun 20, 2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by 8thDegreeSavage
Yeah Blizzsupport gave same work around as macmania...thanks for your help bros!:D
Lol that is the first time I was ever called that:eek:
guess you just missed the c key;)
Have fun maybe I will see ya on Bnet
XDarkSniperX

G4scott
Jun 23, 2002, 01:17 AM
Thanks guys... that helped alot.

I just have another question... Does anyone here have an iBook (Dual USB) with a CD burner? If so, have you tried to burn a full audio CD with 10.1.5? For some reason, my audio cd's that I burn start skipping towards the end, both on my iBook, and on other CD players. I'm wondering if the problem is my drive, or if it's software.