Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Atomicfission92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
Just got back from the Apple store with my new iMac 3.06Ghz. Apparently they have plenty in stock.

So far I will have to say the monitor is huge, and it seems pretty snappy so far.

Got mine with an education discount for $2099.

Jeremy81

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2007
Oklahoma
Just got back from the Apple store with my new iMac 3.06Ghz. Apparently they have plenty in stock.

So far I will have to say the monitor is huge, and it seems pretty snappy so far.

Got mine with an education discount for $2099.

Congrats on your new purchase. Have any pics? Especially of the new base.

MacDaddy901

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2008
Enjoy. The 24 inch iMac was my first Mac and it has been a wonderful experience. Sadly she is on eBay right now, becuase I need a MacBook Pro to runs my Dads's website and portability is must. I loved the damn thing, maybe too much.

I'll be back though iMac, ill be back.....;)

Atomicfission92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
Have any pics? Especially of the new base.

It doesn't look any different from the 24" ACD to be honest. It is thick though. About 3/16" at the bend tapering down to about 3/32" at the front.

Gotta charge up my camera but I will try taking pics asap.

MacDaddy901

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2008
Enjoy. The 24 inch iMac was my first Mac and it has been a wonderful experience. Sadly she is on eBay right now, becuase I need a MacBook Pro to runs my Dads's website and portability is must. I loved the damn thing, maybe too much.

I'll be back though iMac, ill be back.....;)

Have any pics? Especially of the new base.
The new iMac looks exactly the same as the old ones. Only spec bumps.

Jeremy81

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2007
Oklahoma
It doesn't look any different from the 24" ACD to be honest. It is thick though. About 3/16" at the bend tapering down to about 3/32" at the front.

Gotta charge up my camera but I will try taking pics asap.

Thanks. Sorry to bother you again but does the display seem to be about the same as the previous 24"?

Atomicfission92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
Thanks. Sorry to bother you again but does the display seem to be about the same as the previous 24"?

Didn't really have that much experience with the old 24" but it looks amazing to me to be honest. Only problem I have is that it is very bright and I am used to the dimmer back lighting of my old MBP.

Jeremy81

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2007
Oklahoma
Didn't really have that much experience with the old 24" but it looks amazing to me to be honest. Only problem I have is that it is very bright and I am used to the dimmer back lighting of my old MBP.

Same with my current iMac. I leave it set to the lowest possible setting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.