Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
Basically I got this computer just cause I know Macs. Its been in my closet for months now. They gave me some cheap mouse, broken original keyboard and cracked os disc that I tossed (lost caused). I know I can't sell it in the MR forums due to no disc but I have no idea what to do with this thing. I do not want to even keep it.

How can I get rid of it?

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
If there's no operating system installed then you don't need to provide the disc...

You may not offer to buy/sell/trade any computer, hard disk, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, or other device containing music, video, unlicensed commercial software, or other software/files/data that is sold commercially. You should reset an iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, or similar device to factory settings before offering it for sale or trade. If you are selling/trading a computer with other than the software it originally shipped with (or free updates since then), you must explicitly state that master discs (CDs or DVDs) for that software will be included, as an indication that you are transferring the original installation media and the end-user license (EULA) to the other party. This rule is strictly enforced.

that part means that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.