Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jklara

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Florida
I have xp 32bit on my mac pro inside vmware fusion. It works great a couple of times and then it freezes with the following message: "make sure you have rights to run the program and to access all directories it uses and rights to access all directories for temporary files." If I uninstall and reinstall fusions it fixes the problem for a while but after a couple of tries I'm frozen again. (great news- it doesn't mess up my xp) Has anyone else encounter this? or am I the only lucky one? I only have 2 GB- did order another 4 GB, just in case, but I have it on my air (2GB) and I am not having any problems with it at all. PS- I turned off all my sleep modes, etc. still doing it. Help a girl out- freezing in South Florida.

jklara

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Florida
Actually, the solution was pretty easy

I had 2.0. I updated to 2.0.2 (no extra charge) and so far so good. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks if it fixed the problem or not.

steveza

macrumors 68000
Feb 20, 2008
UK
I had 2.0. I updated to 2.0.2 (no extra charge) and so far so good. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks if it fixed the problem or not.
Good move. It may have been a bug in the earlier releases.

jklara

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Florida
still working

Fusions is working great! Highly recommend it. Tech support was great once I used it correctly. You must actually go through the steps to get to tech support. The updates have been consistently better. :)

tomdeboer

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2009
Additional question

Can you give some additional information about what the solution was?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.