Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uaecasher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
Stillwater, OK
hello, i'm new to xcode so i started a new project in command line utility -> standard tool. when i press build and run, it does but does not show the program. here is the code

Code:
#include <stdio.h>

int main (int argc, const char * argv[]) {
    // insert code here...
    printf("Hello, World!\n");
    return 0;
}

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
hello, i'm new to xcode so i started a new project in command line utility -> standard tool. when i press build and run, it does but does not show the program. here is the code

Code:
#include <stdio.h>

int main (int argc, const char * argv[]) {
    // insert code here...
    printf("Hello, World!\n");
    return 0;
}

You need to open the console to see the output. Go to the Run menu and select the Console item. There is also an option in the preferences to automatically open the console when you build and run your applications.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In the preferences.

I think what Cromulent is trying to say in very few words is that when you use a complex and powerful tool like XCode, you will get the largest benefit by spending a few hours going through all the menus and trying out what they do, going through the preferences and figuring out what they are there for, and so on, reading the documentation as needed, instead of going the easy route and asking questions on MacRumors.

Eventually you will get to a stage where there is nobody online who will be able to answer your questions, so you sooner you get used to figuring out things, the better. And very often Google is your friend.

uaecasher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
Stillwater, OK
I think what Cromulent is trying to say in very few words is that when you use a complex and powerful tool like XCode, you will get the largest benefit by spending a few hours going through all the menus and trying out what they do, going through the preferences and figuring out what they are there for, and so on, reading the documentation as needed, instead of going the easy route and asking questions on MacRumors.

Eventually you will get to a stage where there is nobody online who will be able to answer your questions, so you sooner you get used to figuring out things, the better. And very often Google is your friend.

actually i call google "uncle google" :p, i tried to find the setting in preferences but couldn't find it. I really grateful for your help :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.