Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
jimsowden said:
I never knew apple had a retail store for so long at its HQ that was open to the public.

I was unaware of that as well... when I was in Cali a few weeks ago I thought about driving down to 1 Infinite Loop, but thought "what am I just going to stand outside like a weirdo?" If I'd known, I would have went. :(

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
The Company Store has been there for a long time.

The best part is that they sell items you won't find in the retail stores, such as Apple-branded t-shirts, hats, pens, keychains, etc.

I even got a free powerbook poster when I stopped by.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
i've heard rumors of steve jobs sightings there. would be interesting.

they need to update that page, is that os 10.1? and G4s in the background...

paul

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Yeah, my parents went by there last week on their way to a Rod Stewart concert in San Jose. They picked me up an Apple polo shirt and a keychain flashlight.

Attachments

• 25_APPLE.jpg
    25_APPLE.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 97

portent

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2004
szark said:
The Company Store has been there for a long time.

The best part is that they sell items you won't find in the retail stores, such as Apple-branded t-shirts, hats, pens, keychains, etc.

I even got a free powerbook poster when I stopped by.

While I was there, they were handing out free stickers; the same white ones you get with a new Mac. Now I need more cars. ;)

Don't overdo it on the Apple-logo merchandise, though: I've heard of people getting kicked out because they tried to buy in quantity to sell on eBay.

realityisterror

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2003
Snellville, GA
Gymnut said:
Yeah, my parents went by there last week on their way to a Rod Stewart concert in San Jose. They picked me up an Apple polo shirt and a keychain flashlight.

you live in hawaii? or do you not live with your parents? either way, you've got some nice parents...

reality

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.