Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G. Rose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
I have a new iMac with Boot Camp and Windows XP. I now have two problems that may or may not be related to Boot Camp/Windows, but I didn't have them prior to installing those two programs.

1. My Mac clock is exactly 8 hours slow every time I go from Windows mode back to Mac mode.

2. When in Windows mode, none of the peripherals that are plugged in to my hub are recognized. Only those that are connected directly to the computer ports show up on the "My Computer" window.

If anybody can help me with either or both problems, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Gary Rose

LtRammstein

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2006
Denver, CO
The clock issue is what I have also. The solution I do is just resynchronize the clocks after startup.

So in Windows, I Adjust Date/Time and go to the Internet Time tab and hit Properties and have it resync.

On the Mac, Just go to System Preferences, Date & Time and it should automatically resync.

For your hub... What kind of hub is it? USB?

Depending on what you are using, try to see if there's a necessary driver for it or update the one you currently have.

G. Rose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
I found out through some lengthy testing that my hub had a quirky problem and was shot. Got a new one and the issue went away. Looks like a lot of people have the "8-hour slow Mac clock" problem, so I expect Apple will do something about it someday. I can manually reset it through the normal method, but I'd like not to have to go through that little annoyance, if possible. Thanks for your reply to my question.

G. Rose

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.