Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ohsnaps!itsjeff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
So I have a 3.5" HDD that I'm currently using on my PC, and on that drive I have loads of apps and plug-ins that I use for audio creation and recording. I know that it wouldn't be possible to boot XP using USB/Firewire, but my question is; would it be possible to create an XP partition on my minis HDD and run the apps using the enclosed drive?

First post BTW, but long time lurker.

Edit:I have done research on the topic, but I have apps already installed, and all the other topics I've read were questions regarding freshly installing on the external drive.

Tesselator

macrumors 601
Jan 9, 2008
Japan
So I have a 3.5" HDD that I'm currently using on my PC, and on that drive I have loads of apps and plug-ins that I use for audio creation and recording. I know that it wouldn't be possible to boot XP using USB/Firewire, but my question is; would it be possible to create an XP partition on my minis HDD and run the apps using the enclosed drive?

First post BTW, but long time lurker.

Edit:I have done research on the topic, but I have apps already installed, and all the other topics I've read were questions regarding freshly installing on the external drive.

Check out MacDrive http://murphymac.com/access-mac-formatted-drives-from-windows/ or something free like it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.