PDA

View Full Version : Why is my adapter going to Kentucky?

cripplerking
Mar 5, 2009, 03:15 PM
I ordered a Mini Display Port to DVI adapter last week, and it shipped on the 2nd. Now I live in Georgia, and the order tracking states that it is shipping from Tennesse. It is not, however shipping to Georgia, but rather towards Kentucky, which lies somewhat in the opposite direction. It now predicts that it won't arrive until March 10. Has anyone else experienced this when ordering from Apple? Is it some kind of wierd DHL deal?

4np
Mar 5, 2009, 03:17 PM
the DHL driver was graving fried chicken :)

EricNau
Mar 5, 2009, 03:18 PM
Kentucky is a major hub for shipping. Many packages travel through Kentucky, even when it's apparently out of the way.

cripplerking
Mar 5, 2009, 03:32 PM
Well, I guess that explains it, but it still feels horribly inefficient. Maybe I'll just go shell out the extra $10 at Microcenter and return the other one when it gets here... of course then I'd be paying even more money for this stupidity.

fireman13
Mar 5, 2009, 03:45 PM
I ordered the same adapter on the 20th of February. It took 7 days to get to Florida. Mine went from Tennessee to Kentuky as well. In my case it was with DHL till it got to Kentucky, then it was transfered to the Post Office. That was the reason it took so long

cripplerking
Mar 5, 2009, 03:47 PM
Yup, mine says it transferred to US Mail today as well. Had it been mailed by them from the beginning, I might have it now. :mad:

fireman13
Mar 5, 2009, 04:25 PM
I ordered the same adapter on the 20th of February. It took 7 days to get to Florida. Mine went from Tennessee to Kentuky as well. In my case it was with DHL till it got to Kentucky, then it was transfered to the Post Office. That was the reason it took so long

Edit. Sorry for the DB post

fireman13
Mar 5, 2009, 04:30 PM
my thoughts exactly.

I had a keyboard delivered from them in 3 days and this adapter to 7 friggin days. Oh well.