Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fender2112

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 11, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Hey folks I need some help with something. I have been designated as the web guru (no laughing) of a local trade organization. I need your help coming up with a domain name.

The organization's name is: Metrolina Walls and Ceiling Association. We are located in Charlotte, NC. Our membership includes companies from surrounding cities and states. the domains mwca.com, .net, .org are taken. http://www.metroilnawallsandceilingasscoiation.com is a bit long. I would like some suggestions for a domain name that falls somewhere in between.

Thanks much for your help.

FriarTuck

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2003
Chicago area
metrolinawca.com, .org, .net, .info, .biz, .us, and .ws were just registered. You can buy them from me for (insert Austin Powers dramatic sound flourish) one MILLION dollars.

Anyway, they're available as of this moment, and I think metrolinawca.com or org is your best bet.

lind0834

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2003
Somepeople, not me.. prefer to have a dash to break up an address.. so maybe metrolina-wca.com It's usually a helpful 'group' that decides to use dashed addresses

Fender2112

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 11, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Metrolina WCA is one we came up with already. I also prefer to break up names with dashes. It's easier on the eyes.

Thanks for the ideas. Keep 'em coming. :D

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
lind0834 said:
Somepeople, not me.. prefer to have a dash to break up an address.. so maybe metrolina-wca.com It's usually a helpful 'group' that decides to use dashed addresses
I personally hate URLs with hyphens in them. When someone asks for the url on the phone, it takes forever:
"metrolina hyphen double-u see eh dot com... Yes, M E T R O L I N A hyphen W C A dot com... A hyphen is a short dash... it's next to the "zero" on your keyboard... no, not the underscore, the hyphen... oh never mind. Just give me your address and I'll mail you a brochure"

sigh...

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Fender2112 said:
Metrolina WCA is one we came up with already. I also prefer to break up names with dashes. It's easier on the eyes.

Thanks for the ideas. Keep 'em coming. :D
If you MUST use a hyphen, I'd suggest registering both the hyphenated and non-hyphenated version. You can print it with the hyphen, but when you're telling people over the phone you can just say "Metrolina WCA dot com"--much easier than explaining where the hyphen key is.

Fender2112

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 11, 2002
Charlotte, NC
wordmunger said:
If you MUST use a hyphen, I'd suggest registering both the hyphenated and non-hyphenated version. You can print it with the hyphen, but when you're telling people over the phone you can just say "Metrolina WCA dot com"--much easier than explaining where the hyphen key is.

Yep, did that already for my personal business. http://www.charlottedrywall.com and http://www.charlotte-drywall.com

_bnkr612

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
what about...

What about...

metwallceil.com
metwca.com
ilnawallceil.com
metroilnawallceil.com

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
_bnkr612 said:
What about...

metwallceil.com
metwca.com
ilnawallceil.com
metroilnawallceil.com
or maybe metwacelinaoilronata.com
inamacroceilawallstuffforyouonly.com
macwalincelinadion.com
:p
How about changing the company name :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.