Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stoick

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
I need a program like Meta X for the mac just for windows can anyone help me here?

Stoick

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Thanks, I didn't know that they had a Meta X for Windows.

Stoick

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Does anyone know of another program other than MetaX for Windows? It can't handle my Blu-Ray rips which sometimes exceed 4 GB.

ScootPatoot

macrumors regular
May 16, 2008
I've spoken with Mr. Hinsley re: this and he said if and when the Apple Version of MetaX includes this ability, the Windows one may follow closely behind. I don't think any tagger, Windows or Mac, can handle 4+ GB files yet. I could be wrong on that though, but what I do is to tag all my less than 4 GB files with MetaX and then just tag my 4 GB plus files in iTunes. I know you can't get all the information via iTunes but at least it's something until a true tagger comes out.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I've spoken with Mr. Hinsley re: this and he said if and when the Apple Version of MetaX includes this ability, the Windows one may follow closely behind. I don't think any tagger, Windows or Mac, can handle 4+ GB files yet. I could be wrong on that though, but what I do is to tag all my less than 4 GB files with MetaX and then just tag my 4 GB plus files in iTunes. I know you can't get all the information via iTunes but at least it's something until a true tagger comes out.

Hmm.. this is weird. I have a couple of files that are 5-6gig files non blu-ray/hd rips and meta x handled them fine? Am I missing something?

ScootPatoot

macrumors regular
May 16, 2008
Hmm.. this is weird. I have a couple of files that are 5-6gig files non blu-ray/hd rips and meta x handled them fine? Am I missing something?

I dunno then. He told me that (or maybe wrote that as a response on one of his forum posts) a couple of months ago. Has there been a new version of MetaX for the Mac recently?

ScootPatoot

macrumors regular
May 16, 2008
Copied all the data and I was able to include a picture etc. Keep in mind it wasn't a HD/Blu-Ray rip.

On the Windows side, HD does not make a difference. It's the file size. I've tagged plenty of my HD rips that are less than 4GB but it gives an error when trying to open a file that is larger than 4 GB. He added that error message in one of the beta's of MextaX saying that 4 GB or more is not supported (I forget the exact error message).

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
On the Windows side, HD does not make a difference. It's the file size. I've tagged plenty of my HD rips that are less than 4GB but it gives an error when trying to open a file that is larger than 4 GB. He added that error message in one of the beta's of MextaX saying that 4 GB or more is not supported (I forget the exact error message).

Copy that.. I am on a Mac. It wasn't really clear in the messages above if it was the file size along with the file type. Like I have said I have used handbrake to rip my files that are in the 5-6gig range. I have then used Metax to add the meta data with no problem at all.

I can't speak for the windows version, don't use it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.