Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

persep

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
Spain
Hi,
sometimes when the computer stars, the Bluetooth Icon in the Menubar doesn't appear. If I go to the bluetooth preferences panel it says it's on and the show menubar icon is checked. I've got to recheck it to see the icon again in the menubar.The icon shows up until maybe weeks later when it doesn't and I don't know why.
How can the icon show up always????

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
I guess the first thing(s) to do would be the usual:

• Repair disk permissions in Disk Utility
  • Reboot
  • Even reinstall the last 10.x.x combo updater from the Apple site again.

These are the usual things I get told when I have little glitches like this.

persep

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
Spain
Hi,
yes the reboot works but it ¡s a pain. I think it's a mac os x thing because it's happened no matter what update the computer has had

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
Have you tried reinstalling an update? You can download the combo updates from Apple and install them manually. I had to do this once on Tiger on my PowerBook, 10.4.7 or something as I had a similar tiny annoying glitch. If you're running Leopard try downloading and reinstalling 10.5.6:

http://support.apple.com/downloads/Mac_OS_X_10-5-6_Combo_Update

It's most likely OS X, or a tiny piece of 3rd party software conflicting, or a simple permissions issue, could be anything to be honest! It's too small to really say its one thing immediately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.