PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade From Powerbook G4

bigaudiofanatic
Mar 6, 2009, 03:06 PM
Hello I have a almost 3 year old powerbook that has been great to me and was wondering what would be the best upgrade for my new laptop am looking at wither at Macbook or Macbook Pro. I love music and I also play games from time to time. Also do some photo editing either way I have to get the biggest hard drive I can. I would like opinions.
Also my powerbook is a 15 inch and that is a perfect size for what I use it for.

iShater
Mar 6, 2009, 03:15 PM
You have to look at what is more important to you, the price, the screen size, etc.

Performance wise, I think anything you get will make you happy, you have to look at those other factors.

bigaudiofanatic
Mar 6, 2009, 03:32 PM
Well my sister has a 17 inch toshiba and its just SO BIG but there is a pro if buy a 17 inch its that it has 8 hour battery life. But other than that there is nothing else that would benefit me with that size.:apple::apple::apple:

iShater
Mar 6, 2009, 04:39 PM
Go to an Apple store and play with both systems and determine which one appeals to you more. Then look at your wallet and ask it the same question :cool:

chenderson2
Mar 6, 2009, 05:09 PM
Personally, I prefer to look at my photos on the wide screen 17". I have a 3 year old Powerbook G4 which is 17". I have ordered the new MBP 17".

andrew upstairs
Mar 6, 2009, 10:56 PM
I actually just went from a 5-year-old 17" G4 PowerBook to a unibody MacBook. I loved it. However, since I do music production, I just traded it in for a MacBook Pro. I ultimately decided that I needed the Firewire and Express slot.

I really liked the MacBook. The screen, the size, even coming from a 17". I actually now prefer the size of the MacBook, but it simply didn't meet my needs. Oh well, I have absolutely nothing bad to say about my new Pro, though. It's awesome. :)

It sounds like a MacBook would suit your needs fine. It's up to you to decide which one is best for you, though. I suggest going to an Apple Store and playing around. Have fun, you'll enjoy either one!