PDA

View Full Version : Set UIWindow background image in IB?

Locker
Mar 8, 2009, 04:47 PM
I've just started having a go at making some iPhone apps, and am thankful that it's so easy to set a background image in Interface Builder. Simply drag in a UIImageView, add the image to the resources folder and select it in the attributes pane. Something drives me crazy though...

When I add an image after other UI controls, the image sits on top of them and obstructs them. It's fine if you add it before, but that's no use when you've already got an interface up and running.

My question is, is there any way within Interface Builder to send the image behind the other controls? The newest controls are obviously sitting on top, but can't you make them go behind the older ones?

I'm aware that there are manual ways of setting the background image, but to be able to do it from Interface Builder would be great - especially for a beginner like myself!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

dejo
Mar 8, 2009, 04:56 PM
My question is, is there any way within Interface Builder to send the image behind the other controls? The newest controls are obviously sitting on top, but can't you make them go behind the older ones?

I'm aware that there are manual ways of setting the background image, but to be able to do it from Interface Builder would be great - especially for a beginner like myself!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Stop by the Layout menu.

Locker
Mar 8, 2009, 05:00 PM
Stop by the Layout menu.
Fantastic, can't believe I didn't spot that! Much appreciated :)