Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waiwai

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Florida
Hey all,

Just want some game recommendations for when I go to Tokyo in 2 weeks. It will be a 14 hour flight. I imagine I will sleep half of the time but the rest of the time I'll be pretty bored.

I have a Aluminum Macbook 2.4GHz 4GB 320GB 7200 RPM HD. I'd like a game where I don't need to use a mouse or a trackpad. So mainly using the arrow keys for movement etc (since I hate playing games with the trackpad and I won't have space to use a mouse). I can run whatever either in OS X or Bootcamp no problems.

I'd like to take up an RPG if that helps.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

Ol3s

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2008
L'viv, Ukraine
First of all on long flights there are tvs. It depends on the company ur flying wit but for example in british airlines there is a tv for each seat with a large choice of movies.

Anyway, a game that use arrow keys is NFS carbon. but if i was u i would use a game that has low requirements to waste less energy.

Otherwise get a PSP

lapino

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2009
Problem with using a laptop on flights is usually power. When I would like to game under bootcamp, it's game over after max 1hr. Not that useful on planes :)

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Lego Star Wars i think is keyboard only, as it's a console port.

Some airplanes have power outlets at premium seats.

waiwai

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Florida
hi all, thanks for the recommendations.

I will be using a airplane adaptor for power throughout the flight so power isn't an issue (and I've checked the airplane, it does in fact have power plugs :)

I also have NFS Undercover under Bootcamp. I like it but im stuck on a stage (bugatti nos charged level where u gotta race against cops and stuff to a destination... I can't seem to make it in time... this is in mid-near end game, and i've sorta given up on it... I might just install a trainer to unlock that stage...)

So as far as racing games go... I'll be sticking with the NFS Undercover game. Now I'm looking for an RPG...

I'm gonna try D2 and see how that fairs with the glass trackpad... but ya... i figure it'll be pretty brutal with it so I want something that doesn't need mouse/trackpad.

lewdvig

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
South Pole
Civ IV would make that flight pass quickly.

I've always played fast games, just got Civ IV and i love it. Runs great on the new MacBook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.