PDA

View Full Version : Tactical-Ops: Start a MacRumors clan?

Draft
Jun 19, 2002, 07:39 PM
Does anyone play Tactical-Ops and want to join me in starting a MacRumors clan?

Later,
Draft

Draft
Jun 20, 2002, 02:29 PM
Come on, nobody plays Tactical-Ops?

cb911
Jun 20, 2002, 08:37 PM
well, no. i don't play tactical ops. i don't play any games online in fact. if i was going to play a game online though, it would be Fallout: Tactics. that game is my all time favourite!! everyone has to play it, it ROCKS!!!!:D

jadam
Jun 21, 2002, 06:48 AM
i WILL, when i get a mac this MWNY.

job
Jun 24, 2002, 09:33 PM
I will join! Let's do it. I'm really interested, although I do suck on some maps. (like Scope) :D

btw do you have AoT yet??

Draft
Jun 24, 2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by hitman
I will join! Let's do it. I'm really interested, although I do suck on some maps. (like Scope) :D

btw do you have AoT yet??

I got AoT right when it came out. And don't worry about sucking, I've been known to suck too. Overall, I'm ok though.

Are you really down? If so, what's going to be our sig? I was thinking we should go along with all of the other MacRumors clans and use:

{MaC}

I'm switching my name right now to:

{MaC}Draft

Let me know what you think Hitman.

Later,
Draft

job
Jun 25, 2002, 12:33 AM
The sig is perfect! I am very interested in the prospect of starting a Mac Tactical - Ops clan. By all means, lets do it! I already changed my Tactical-Ops name to {MaC}hitman

mmmdreg
Jun 25, 2002, 07:19 AM
I don't think there's enough interest at all...there's not enough gamers around here anyway and the it's probably the minority of them that actually play tacical ops...

Draft
Jun 25, 2002, 08:25 AM
The sig is perfect! I am very interested in the prospect of starting a Mac Tactical - Ops clan. By all means, lets do it! I already changed my Tactical-Ops name to {MaC}hitman

All right, we have a clan. Don't worry about the attendance, it'll increase with time. What else should we do to get this thing up and running Hitman?

Later,
Draft

ArtMan617
Jun 25, 2002, 10:53 AM
I'd very willing to join and help support a MacRumors Tactical-Ops clan...where can I find it?

-ArtMan617

ArtMan617
Jun 25, 2002, 10:56 AM
Nevermind...I found it and I'm downloading it as we speak...

-ArtMan617

job
Jun 25, 2002, 11:39 AM
We could start this thing off by starting a server, (not a dedicated one mind you) and whoever is interested in joining can play, just so we can see each other's tactics. I could start a server; I just hope we are all in the same time zone. :rolleyes:

I could probably start it later tonight, say 8PM Central/7PM Eastern? I should probably email my IP to you guys, so you can find the server right away instead of having to search through God knows how many servers. If you guys have AIM it would probably be easier to coordinate.

Maybe (think distant future) we could challange other clans to matches, etc. Clan mTo is another Mac Tactical - Ops clan that could be fun to play. Eventually we might even consider starting a website.

hitman

Draft
Jun 25, 2002, 12:50 PM
We could start this thing off by starting a server, (not a dedicated one mind you) and whoever is interested in joining can play, just so we can see each other's tactics. I could start a server; I just hope we are all in the same time zone. :rolleyes:

I could probably start it later tonight, say 8PM Central/7PM Eastern? I should probably email my IP to you guys, so you can find the server right away instead of having to search through God knows how many servers. If you guys have AIM it would probably be easier to coordinate.

Maybe (think distant future) we could challange other clans to matches, etc. Clan mTo is another Mac Tactical - Ops clan that could be fun to play. Eventually we might even consider starting a website.

hitman

If you could start a server, that would be great. I would, but I only have one computer. I'll let you know if this changes in the future.

I'm in the Eastern Time Zone.

As for the messenger thing, I'll send you a message right now with my login name.

A site might be sweet, but not right now. Same with the matches against other clans (especially the mac ones). Good future plans though.

Draft

boobers
Jun 25, 2002, 01:05 PM
Urban Terror is way better doods! if anyone started that i would be interested. http://www.urbanterror.net

Cheers
boobers

job
Jun 25, 2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Draft

If you could start a server, that would be great. I would, but I only have one computer. I'll let you know if this changes in the future.

I'm in the Eastern Time Zone.

As for the messenger thing, I'll send you a message right now with my login name.

A site might be sweet, but not right now. Same with the matches against other clans (especially the mac ones). Good future plans though.

Draft

I could start a server, the only problem is that our other Mac died, so there would be no way that I could play with you or anyone else. So for the moment, (until I get my tower) we would probably have to play on public servers. Jolt Servers (http://www.tacops.jolt.co.uk/index.php?page=server_jolt_list.html) seem to be pretty good. Maybe we can plan on playing sometime this weekend.

Draft
Jun 25, 2002, 07:52 PM
I'll let you know what the deal is this weekend. I might not be able to play this weekend because I only have 2 more days at Michigan Tech University. Then I'll be done for good! So, I might be moving this weekend. Next week will be pretty open for me though.

Draft

job
Jun 26, 2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Draft
I'll let you know what the deal is this weekend. I might not be able to play this weekend because I only have 2 more days at Michigan Tech University. Then I'll be done for good! So, I might be moving this weekend. Next week will be pretty open for me though.

Draft

No problem! :) Congrats on finishing college. What did you major in?

Draft
Jun 26, 2002, 03:12 PM

No problem! :) Congrats on finishing college. What did you major in?

Computer Science.