PDA

View Full Version : Xcode doing weird things - help please :)

glossywhite
Mar 9, 2009, 06:41 PM
Okay, so I have an eMac upon which I installed 10.5.4 and then applied the 10.5.6 combo update (build 9G55). I then installed Xcode and it worked fine.

Please note that ALL references to "Xcode" refer to the latest, 3.1.2 version!

Now then - I then put the "Box Set" 10.5.6 Leopard install DVD (build 9G66) in, and did an "Archive and Install" so that I had 9G66 instead of 9G55 for another reason. Once it had done this, I found NO '/Developer' folder at the root of my HDD - odd, so I looked in "Previous systems" and there it was - "/Developer". It seemed to work okay, but seeing as I hate having things installed in messy, non-default locations, I ran the uninstaller for Xcode from "Previous Systems/<insert date here>/Developer/Library" which SEEMED to remove Xcode and all the rest of it okay. I then rebooted, and re-installed Xcode to the default root (/Developer) on my HDD - but now when I do something as mundane and basic as drag a button onto a window, and then click "Build and go" the WINDOW appears, but NOT the button! :confused::confused:

I tried the very same on my other, freshly installed 9G66 eMac, and it works as I expect it to - perfectly...

Help!!! ... thanks.

[PS]: Just noticed that if I change ANYTHING within the Cocoa application UI, when I click "Build and Go" it no longer asks me if I want to "save all" before building... odd, no?.

[EDIT]: Okay maybe I should have done this initially; just trashed the Xcode & IB .plists, and it now works - odd huh!