Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

curlyartgirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
Washington State
I am a FCE Newbie. I need to import an animation into FCE as well as some photos, and HD camera footage.

The animation that I have is a stock animation of the earth.
It is a 3D rendering, Source codec: is HD: Photo JPEG, high definition, widescreen video in quicktime.move format.

when I export my work to a quicktime movie the quality suffers. when my client opens the movie, he says the quality is really bad. I need help or perhaps a point in the right direction.

MrLatte23

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2007
What are the settings for the movie...

What codec? Does it look fine on screen in FCE? If it does and you're compressing the video to email to the client or giving them anything less than full Res, they should understand that it's a less than perfect copy. There are many variables that could produce less than desirable results, such as: what's the sequence codec and the export codec.? Does everything look bad or just the stock animation? Is it NTSC of PAL? Progressive or interlaced? There are lots of little things that could make a good movie go bad.

Sometimes Photo JPEG isn't the best for use in an editor. Try transcoding it. to a different codec.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.