Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D-Fence

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Hi!

I got an Iphone 3G, use it under Vista 64 Business (updated completely), it worked perfectly for some months, and since some time I have the following problem:

When I click on "browse for file" in any application besides the explorer, and it accesses "Computer" (overview of drives etc), the application crashes. Some applications like Nero start working after some time again, show the Iphone icon as system folder, even when the Iphone is not connected. You can then access all drives, as soon as you click the Iphone icon, the application crashes completely.
When browsing from the explorer, the Icon is not there and everything works fine.
When I connect the Iphone, it shows with a camera icon, not with the Iphone icon.

As you can figure, it is pretty annoying. I removed Itunes completely, but it still happens.

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

D-Fence

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
You can only see the iPhone in iTunes.

The (Camera) that you're seeing in Computer is to transfer pictures, just like a camera.

D-Fence

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
I know, but I had the "Iphone with blue arrow" Icon under Vista, since the crashing it is only a camera icon. I guess it is somehow the reason for the error......

D-Fence

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
I got a new weird issue now:

When reinstalling Itunes, Vista does not recognize the Iphone any more, but Itunes does. Meaning, I can only sync music etc, but can't access my photos any more.

Man, this is annoying, any ideas on how to make windows see my Iphone again? It shows as unknown device, driver installation fails, I even pointed it to /common files/apple/drivers :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.