Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jasonjohnson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
I have a new 15" Unibody MacBook Pro, just a few months old. I installed Windows XP (for gaming) on a separate partition using Boot Camp.

First, I've tried to use the drivers included on the Leopard CD - but a number of the devices found in Device Manager still don't register as properly matched up with a driver. The bundled drivers are obviously outdated for the Unibody models.

I found and installed the video driver with very little effort, and that works fine -- my question is: what chipset is used for audio, and where do I go about getting a driver which will power the audio devices? I need audio for games! :mad:

Any help would be much appreciated!

om3ga785

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I have a new 15" Unibody MacBook Pro, just a few months old. I installed Windows XP (for gaming) on a separate partition using Boot Camp.

First, I've tried to use the drivers included on the Leopard CD - but a number of the devices found in Device Manager still don't register as properly matched up with a driver. The bundled drivers are obviously outdated for the Unibody models.

I found and installed the video driver with very little effort, and that works fine -- my question is: what chipset is used for audio, and where do I go about getting a driver which will power the audio devices? I need audio for games! :mad:

Any help would be much appreciated!

it's an Intel chipset like most consumer laptops use on there boards. Realtek HD Audio Device is the hardware driver that should be installed on Windows. the driver for it is located on the Mac Disc, its under the folder realtek.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.