Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Naim135

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2007
St Helens UK
Spending my days working on MS SBS installs has me wondering if there is a Mac Equivalent? I think this one area where mac could make big inroads and boost presence in the corporate marketplace.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Spending my days working on MS SBS installs has me wondering if there is a Mac Equivalent? I think this one area where mac could make big inroads and boost presence in the corporate marketplace.

I don't see anything that SBS does the BSD UNIX can't do pretty much out of the box. And BSD is free. Mac OS X is BSD Unix with some add-ons from Apple.

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
ChrisA is spot on. OS X Server has email and such builtin with nifty interfaces. Although, I don't think it does a lot of what Exchange does.

Naim135

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2007
St Helens UK
ChrisA is spot on. OS X Server has email and such builtin with nifty interfaces. Although, I don't think it does a lot of what Exchange does.

Ok thanks for the comment. What product does what exchange does?

I am trying to assemble a list of products to replicate what MS SBS does or preferably spark Apple to release a competing product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.