PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had weird mac happenings?

bumfilter
Apr 5, 2004, 01:54 AM
Thought I'd post this because it was mildly funny and slightly weird. Anyone else had things like this?

Just in case you don't know what it is, the "Force Quit" button somehow turned into "A server you".

HexMonkey
Apr 5, 2004, 02:22 AM
Bizarre, but I'm not entirely convinced. The text's style is quite different to what it would normally be (see image below). I guess that could be part of the bug, since it was getting some strange text from somewhere, it could have gotten some strange style information from somewhere too.

Still, I've gotten funnier errors on Windows and when using MS Office. For example:

"You cannot do a Quick format because the disk is not formatted"
"Cannot copy [File]: The file exists"
"The font [invalid font] is not available on your system. Do you want to use it anyway?"
"No help available"; buttons: "OK" and "Help"
While browsing files: "E:\ The printer is out of paper" (strangely enough, I got a similar message when creating a graph in the Mac version of Excel)

Some of these errors are perfectly valid, just worded badly. Others are just strange.

Edit: Perhaps this should be moved to the Software Discussion and Help forum.

bumfilter
Apr 5, 2004, 02:47 AM
Really, it is true, I was testing a PHP script and it gave errors but because it was in a for statement there were gonna be quite a few errors (a couple of thousand).

As the script was being run by my computer and being viewed by it, it kind of froze so I had to try and exit Safari to stop it executing the script.

I went to click on Force Quit and as I clicked it changed to "A server you", so I took the mouse off and did a screenshot.

It's the first time I've seen OS X do anything funky so it was kinda funny.

HexMonkey
Apr 5, 2004, 02:53 AM
OK I believe you. I guess it was just part of the bug. They can be very bizarre sometimes (I got some really strange ones when developing programs in Mac OS 8, but I can't remember them).

I've certainly never had anything that strange in Mac OS X though.

Mac-Xpert
Apr 5, 2004, 03:57 AM
Strange error. But what does this have to do with music :rolleyes:

Wrong thread maybe ;)

bumfilter
Apr 8, 2004, 09:52 PM
Yes, sorry about that, definatley the wrong thread. I have no idea how I managed to do that!