Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applephysci

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
CA
About 19 hours left to get on this great deal. I just placed an order.

Price: $14.99. Shipping: $4.99
I think this is the lowest price ever reported on the Belkin Tunebase. Usually retails for around $100.00

Model: Belkin F8Z183 Tunebase

Works: Both iPhone 2G and 3G

Reviews: Here, here, and here.

Purchase: At 80% discount Here

applephysci

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
CA
does it charge the iphone 3g?

Yes, the Belkin TuneBase F8Z183 can mount, stabilize, charge, power, and play your iPhone 3G. Plays both iPod music and internet radio. Read the reviews from the links posted in the opening thread. There are minor issues, but according to another user:

Believe me, I have researched these units at length, and although it is far from perfect for iPhone 3G users, the Belkin Tunebase FM has been the best solution for me so far. But I will keep looking for a better one...

whitebook

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2008
Northern Ireland
wow that really is a great price, i'm actually looking for an FM transmitter for my iphone and was looking at this one. Too bad they don't ship to the UK, I'd have this snapped up in a second.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
Hmmmm i was looking for a FM transmitter.

I'm just not sure if i should jump on this one or keep it simple and get one for my shuffle. I dont have a bluetooth that pairs with my iphone (motorola hs850) so if i got a call while it was in the holder it might be a pain.

I am offically confused.

applephysci

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
CA
For those who visit this thread in future and have missed out on this deal..

This deal is unfortunately over, and cannot be found by clicking on the first post link.
Attached here is a screenshot of the deal site..

I will post here if the deal comes back up again..

Attachments

• dealoftheday.jpg
    dealoftheday.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 117

acousticbiker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2008
Bummed that I missed this deal...I was curious about the 'line out' capability of this unit. So if the iPhone is in the cradle and a cable connected from the TuneBase FM's 'line out' jack to my car's aux in jack, will the iPhone audio play through my car speakers (without the need for FM transmission)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.