Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
I read that if you're going to install Windows on a MacBook that the battery life is greatly diminished when you're working in Windows, is that correct?

Also, I've read the track pad can be sporadic or does the track pad work as it would on a typical windows machine.

Are there any other downfalls to running Windows on a Mac?

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I read that if you're going to install Windows on a MacBook that the battery life is greatly diminished when you're working in Windows, is that correct?

Correct.

Also, I've read the track pad can be sporadic or does the track pad work as it would on a typical windows machine.

It works as it would on any Mac. You get all the functions afforded to the trackpad by OS X in Windows.

Are there any other downfalls to running Windows on a Mac?

It's Windows. And all that that implies.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
As with any battery, the life depends on how you are using it. I think OS X has better power management than Windows, but I haven't seen any comparisons.

The trackpad will work as it does in OS X, as long as you have the boot camp drivers or the Fusion/Parallels tools installed, depending on how you install Windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.