Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MentalFabric

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
Hi All,

Please excuse the probably pointless thread :rolleyes:

I'm in the market for an xserve and notice that the biggest text on the page at apple.com/xserve markedly says "Introducing the new Xserve" etc.

Has the site said that for the entire 400andsomething days the 'new' xserve has been around? I'm just hoping on the off chance that it's a slip up and we're about to see a new new xserve...

Regards,

John

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
That is the old one. You can tell as it still uses the old DDR2 memory.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Any product you have for sale is "new" or the "newest" until a newer one is introduced.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Any product you have for sale is "new" or the "newest" until a newer one is introduced.

There's an element of "feel" to that...

You must admit, that calling the previous Mac mini "new" a few weeks ago (just before the update) doen't "feel" right, although technically speaking it is correct to call it the newest Mac mini...;)

We do expect an Xserve based on the same hardware as the Mac Pro, so if we read about a new Xserve we may expect a Nehalem based server.
OTOH, the same basic logic applied on an updated MacBook >> expect a new Mac mini based on the same specs...:eek:
But usually the Xserve related to the Power Mac of Mac Pro of the same "family" does emerge a few weeks after the introduction of the latest Mac Pro (or Power Mac).

milk242

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
I'm thinking they'll put 12 ram slots in the new xserve compared to the 8 in the new mac pro to actually have all ram inserted as ddr3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.