Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justamatics

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
hey guys,

im new to this forum and i dont know what i did to my ipod but now there is a cartoon of steve jobs on my ipod. i can only see his picture and can turn it on, off, listen to music, nothing!

yes it is jailbroken. has this been a problem to anyone else? is there a way i can fix this? :eek:

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
It sounds like a custom boot logo (in other words, a picture that you can use instead of the standard Apple logo when booting up a jailbroken iPod).

Since you're experiencing what seem to be major performance issues, I suggest restoring the iPod. Yes, this WILL remove the jailbreak.

tdgrn

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2008
Little Rock, AR
When you jailbreak something with quickpwn or pwnage, by default it puts that cartoon on your iPod/iPhone. If that is all you see, the iPod Touch isn't getting past the login screen. Turn it off, press and hold the home button, and this will put the iPod touch into DFU recovery mode. This will restore the iPod touch to factory. You must have not done something correct when you JB it.:confused:

justamatics

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
the boot logo is a pineapple. but after the pineapple, all i see is the cartoon. when i hold the power button, nothing happens, the screen just goes blank. i dont see the sliding power off button, nothing.

i tried restoring it on itunes, but i couldnt. when loading,an error occured, and no restore happened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.