Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mamcx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
I'm building a app that is equal usefull for freelancers/home companies and to small-medium companies.

The first is easy. The customer is also the buyer. But for the later is more common that the company buy all the hardware + software in one single buy and distribute the solution to their employees.

But at diference of the target of the Apple "Enterprise Program" my customers will be from 1-50, maybe 100 if is very very large.

So, let's say the company buy 10 licences... wich will be the best way to proceed?

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
Hmmm...first I would learn better communications skills so that you could actually tell us what the heck you are trying to do.

Learn to use spell check and proper word use. Its hard to take someone serious when you can not understand what is being said let alone buy a product from poor wording.

What does the app do?

Second you will have to read the rules and methods for distribution to companies that is available here

You will have to sell based on the rules set up by Apple.

jlwillia

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Hmmm...first I would learn better communications skills so that you could actually tell us what the heck you are trying to do.

Learn to use spell check and proper word use. Its hard to take someone serious when you can not understand what is being said let alone buy a product from poor wording.

What does the app do?

Second you will have to read the rules and methods for distribution to companies that is available here

You will have to sell based on the rules set up by Apple.

Don't be so harsh on the OP. Perhaps English is his second language.

That being said, I have no idea what the OP is talking about either. I think we need a little more explanation.

mamcx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
That being said, I have no idea what the OP is talking about either. I think we need a little more explanation.

Yeah, sorry english is not my language...

I have a app that is for salesman. Let's say company A have 5 salesman in their payroll and want the app.

Now, if use the standar method, each salesman must buy it with their own credit-card, something that is a problem. The normal way is that the company buy the 5 licences and then distribute it to their people.

I read http://developer.apple.com/iphone/program/distribute.html but then:

- The enterprise depolyment is for 500+ employees, and I don't think I will have that kind of customers
- The Ad Hoc method only let distribute 200 licences by month. Look like is the only option by now... but is not very scalable, and in this case I must manage the transaction.

Ok, then my question was more about if exist a way to a single-customer to buy several licenses at once and then distribute it.

Look like is not a option yet :(

naevity

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2004
You could always suggest that the companies just provide their salespeople with a iTunes gift card in the amount of the application. They the company pays for the app, but the salespeople buy it directly.

Not idea, but certainly easy.

jlwillia

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Or if the company provides the iPhones, they could just require the salespeople to download the App and reimburse them for the amount of the App.

Another suggestion is to contact Apple. They may be willing to give some sort of corporate discount if there are a large amount of people that would need it.

mamcx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
Thank for the suggestion!

Maybe the cupons could be usefull for not that large sales (>3 & <20?)

OrangeCuse44

macrumors 65832
Oct 25, 2006

And this is why I very rarely come back to these forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.