Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KYUSS123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
United Kingdom.
Hi guys i have been having some problems with my 2G shuffle since the itunes updated to 8.1.

when the ipod is docked i can no longer click on a track in the 2g contents window and play it directly from the ipod... i could do this before the update.

also a couple of times i have synced the 2g with a load of podcasts but when i go to play them at work they seem to be missing?!
when i dock the 2g at home there they are, but they will not play as in the problem above.

another thing i have noticed is that before the update, when i dragged a load of tracks onto the 2g if any of those tracks were already on the shuffle i would get a warning... skip/replace/cancel. now i get no warning and end up with duplicates of songs and podcast all the time!!!

Does anyone else have any similar issues with a 2G shuffle since the update?
or is my shuffle on its way out?

Oh BTW i have done the restore thing twice now and i am still having problems.

i have a late 2008 macbook if that helps.

Thanks
KYUSS

verloren

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2004
Hants, UK
I'm seeing the problem where it doesn't warn you of duplicates. I've also noticed that if a particular podcast plays at all then its play count increments, whereas before it had to play all the way through before that happened. This really screws up my listening workflow!

KYUSS123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
United Kingdom.
I'm seeing the problem where it doesn't warn you of duplicates. I've also noticed that if a particular podcast plays at all then its play count increments, whereas before it had to play all the way through before that happened. This really screws up my listening workflow!

its annoying isn't it?

Bah!

jediaxle

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2008
The issue I'm having is that my podcast autodelete from itunes and shuffle when I'm done listening to him and it deleted from itunes but they are still on the shuffle. Also seems if I play a podcast on my computer and stop it's not syncing with the shuffle to update where I left off. Very odd for this update to have problems, don't remember ever having a problem before.

KYUSS123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
United Kingdom.
The issue I'm having is that my podcast autodelete from itunes and shuffle when I'm done listening to him and it deleted from itunes but they are still on the shuffle. Also seems if I play a podcast on my computer and stop it's not syncing with the shuffle to update where I left off. Very odd for this update to have problems, don't remember ever having a problem before.

I know it sucks... it looks kinda hard to go back to version 8.02 as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.