Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Airforcekid

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
United States of America
Is it possible to replace dish network with this how hard is it to get a boxee invite? It's the only way I think it could work also is there a way to stream fox news etc live on it with boxee? Thanks

Hawkeye411

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Canada EH!!!
Is it possible to replace dish network with this how hard is it to get a boxee invite? It's the only way I think it could work also is there a way to stream fox news etc live on it with boxee? Thanks

Does Fox news post video podcasts? If so you can watch it using their podcasts.

I love my ATV but I cant imagine how it could replace my regular satellite TV?

Cheers.
:):apple:

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005

Thankfully, there is no way to stream Fox News. You can pretend it doesn't exist!

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
They have tons of podcasts but can boxee watch it live too? Since no montly bill can't realy lose!
No, you can't watch it live on Boxee. I would keep your satellite, if you still want to watch Fox News' live feed, or for that matter, anything live.

Thankfully, there is no way to stream Fox News. You can pretend it doesn't exist!

But what if I want to watch Bill O'Reilly embarrass himself live?

Is there some reason that you guys had to be jerks about this? I watch fox news, do you guys have a problem with that? I don't go around and criticize people who watch CNN or MSNBC, just because of their TV viewing habits. I may criticize their political stances, but I don't harass them just because of what they watch. Did you just post in this thread to raise your post count, because you obviously didn't post in here to help the OP.

Airforcekid

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
United States of America
Where do you get that they were criticizing the OP - or that their responses were "obviously" of no help - or even harassing the OP?:confused:

AFkid asked about the possibility of streaming fox news live.

Sky Blue said not possible.

If Jon wants to watch billo embarrass himself live, he'd clearly better keep paying the cable co.

AFkid seemed to think the response was helpful because he asked about streaming any other live news.

Jebus if anyone's response was not particularly helpful (besides mine) it was lian2t.

You seem strangely defensive about a news channel and a person, who if he was/is in the AF, is likely to be able to defend himself. Perhaps you should see someone about that. Take care.
Thanks loved the last part will probley buy the 40gb and just get basic news and weather through my dish its only around 12.00 a month.

ugacdawg

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2008
If it helps I replaced my $120/mo cable service with the AppleTV. I have about 450 movies now converted onto the AppleTV and about 20k songs. I also have about 4500 photos.

I realized about a month ago that my wife and I and the kids really don't watch 95%+ of the programming that I was paying for each month.

So, I switched to AppleTV only - we bought a few of our favorite show seasons and spent about $250 total one time.

I am also getting a single HDTV antenna in the house (there are three and three ATVs) so that I can pick up live broadcasts for sports and news. I can use an HD Homerun unit or go direct to one of the HDTVs.

I don't even have the antenna hooked up yet and it's already been a great thing cutting loose of cable...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.