PDA

View Full Version : J.Lo's mom wins record jackpot

oldschool
Apr 6, 2004, 05:43 PM
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=0AV4KQTLWEUJWCRBAEKSFFA?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=4766041

zimv20
Apr 6, 2004, 06:27 PM
i'm starting to think that Nietzsche was right...

wordmunger
Apr 6, 2004, 06:29 PM
Wow, if that picture's her *mom*, she really looks good ;)

Seriously, though. Now J. Lo won't have to worry so much about her mom's retirement. It's a good thing. I just wish it had been me! :(

wdlove
Apr 6, 2004, 09:21 PM
Congratulations to Guadalupe Lopez, not a bad deal using $3 to win $3.4m. I wonder if Jennifer helps her mother at all? At least now as a retired teacher she can life like a star.

oldschool
Apr 6, 2004, 09:30 PM
i posted it because if j.lo helps her mom, hopefully that money will go to charity.

also that's a lucky family.

macka
Apr 6, 2004, 11:11 PM
What's with all these people suddenly winning the lottery in the USA?

oldschool
Apr 7, 2004, 01:43 AM
What's with all these people suddenly winning the lottery in the USA?

statistics.

schatten
Apr 7, 2004, 07:37 AM
i posted it because if j.lo helps her mom, hopefully that money will go to charity.

also that's a lucky family.

Bah! Charity is overrated. Need doesn't dictate entitlement. :)

Just because J. Lo's mom may not need the money doesn't mean she's not entitled to it, and just because some charities may need the money, doesn't mean they are entitled to it.

Money is like RAM; you can never have too much.

Besides, J. Lo won't be popular forever.

Mantat
Apr 7, 2004, 11:01 AM
I dont know if you are aware of this but Pop Stars arent as rich as one can think. You would be surprise to see their expense:
- publicist
- agent
- make up
- hair dresser
- body treatement
- personnal trainer
- having to never waer the same cloth twice in public or be subject to a scandal
- driver
- body guards
- drugs...

This can cost over 20.000$ per week and with the clothing, even more... Staying on the top is a very expensive job.

Dippo
Apr 7, 2004, 01:04 PM
Bah! Charity is overrated. Need doesn't dictate entitlement. :)

Just because J. Lo's mom may not need the money doesn't mean she's not entitled to it, and just because some charities may need the money, doesn't mean they are entitled to it.

Money is like RAM; you can never have too much.

Besides, J. Lo won't be popular forever.

Yea, but giving some of the money away would be a nice thing to do.

You can have too much RAM, anything above 4Gigs is useless...

g30ffr3y
Apr 7, 2004, 02:06 PM
I dont know if you are aware of this but Pop Stars arent as rich as one can think. You would be surprise to see their expense:
- publicist
- agent
- make up
- hair dresser
- body treatement
- personnal trainer
- having to never waer the same cloth twice in public or be subject to a scandal
- driver
- body guards
- drugs...

This can cost over 20.000$ per week and with the clothing, even more... Staying on the top is a very expensive job.

let me shed a tear while playing the worlds smallest violin for all the poor famous people out there...

oldschool
Apr 7, 2004, 02:37 PM
- publicist
- agent
- make up
- hair dresser
- body treatement
- personnal trainer
- driver
- body guards
- drugs...

hahahahhahahaha

Pandakin
Apr 7, 2004, 04:37 PM
hey that lot is too rich ... it should be confiscated and given to me for a brand new g5 supercluster in my attic. hehe

_pb_boi
Apr 7, 2004, 05:50 PM
tbh, it's true that popstars don't get as much as you'd think.

It's the writers that make the mega money, if they write enough top-rated songs. If a popstar sings 10 good songs written by a given writer, the writer ends up with the considerably bigger financial cut. Even after expenses paid, et al.
I'm sure many of you already knew that - but just to point out, I guess.

peace.

Rod Rod
Apr 7, 2004, 09:36 PM
Yea, but giving some of the money away would be a nice thing to do.

You can have too much RAM, anything above 4Gigs is useless...

I agree that giving to charity is a good idea.

However, above 4 GB of RAM for a single application may be "useless," but above 4 GB of RAM for multiple applications makes perfect sense.