Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harry20larry

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
After virtually everyday use since late February in and out of the charger every day, if not more. I have had constantly longer than 5 hours of battery life.
However, today, It has only lasted me around 3 hours, a sudden change from the day before. I know battery life is reduced over time, however, is it usually this quick.
Thanks,
harry

kenned

macrumors member
May 16, 2008
Denmark
You can download Coconut Battery to see if the health of the battery has decreased, though it usually decreases slowly. I've had my Alu Macbook since they came out, and i am at 101 cycles now, health ranges between 96% and 100%

eneisch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
If you were doing something processor intensive the battery runtime would drop which is normal. For example watching video runs the battery down more quickly. Also if you were doing constant downloading of a large file via wifi the runtime would be decreased as the wifi would be constantly transmitting rather then intermittently as when you are reading webpages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.