Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macsrules

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Okay,

First, thanks in advance for any help.

1. I have been searching all day for this without success. I know there is something out there I am just not finding it.

2. Here is what I am looking for:

When you drag links right out of the navigation bar in the browsers, it creates files called Weblocs. I want one of these two options.

A. A piece of software that will take them if I give it a batch of them and wrap them with the href link tags so that I can just copy and paste the final product into dreamweaver or,

B. If you take webloc files and drag them into Dreamweaver it strips out just the link, but then you have to wrap each one with a link tag. To time consuming if you plan on doing lots of links this way. How can I have dreamweaver just wrap them for me? When I select them all and use the link tag it wraps them all into one href, in order to do it you have to do each one by itself, again to time consuming if you are putting large amounts of webloc files into your dreamweaver page.

Any help is most welcomed

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Does DreamWeaver have a regular expression find and replace option? I might have an idea for this, but don't have DW to test with.

macsrules

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Thanks Angel for your reply.

Sorry so late getting back to you. Yes it does have the ability to use regular expressions, and yes I have used them before and they can be and are very powerful. If you have one that you think might work post here and I will give it a try and let you know. One that would strip the URL out of the Webloc file and wrap it all on the fly would be awesome. If not it can be done through Dreamweaver itself.

I am currently using a piece of Software called SmartWrap. It forces me to do it in three steps, however it is still faster than by hand.

Let me know, and thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.