Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fmp3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
I had to replace a hard drive in my MacBook and Mobile Me worked pretty well for replacing my data on my new drive. However, I am confused about iCal on my MacBook. The calendar on Mobile Me and my iPhone is correct, but I can't get that calendar to sync with my laptop calendar, which remains a new, untouched blank slate.

How do I get my laptop iCal calendar back in sync with my iPhone and Mobile Me accounts? I've tried every scenario of sync offered by system preferences/Mobile Me.

fmp3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
System Preferences>> MobileMe>> Sync>> (click) Calendar>> Advanced >> Reset Sync Data>> configure it the way you want.

I tried and tried. It kept giving me the ever popular "can't sync" 'cause of bad mojo, or something. I used to sync everything between my iPhone, MacBook, and Mobile Me. Lost my 6 month old Hitachi hard drive and replaced it with a new Seagate (God help me). Everything restored well to my MacBook except the Calendar. I tried every type of method to sync between MM and my MB via changed settings in the system prefs. Nothing worked...until I tried the one I did not want. Replace Mobile Me with my MacBook iCal. Of course, this time, it worked replacing my Mobile Me correct calendar with my blank iCal on my new hard drive. Oh, well.

So here is my new question. I still have a "correct" calendar on my iPhone (and have made syncing manual for now). Is there any way I can get the iPhone calendar exported to either my Mobile Me account or my MacBook iCal????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.