PDA

View Full Version : Wolfenstein Troubles...

shadowfax0
Jun 20, 2002, 07:41 PM
I just decided to play a little game of wolfenstein, and low and behold! "Invalid .pk3 files referenced!" BULLCRAP! So, after I got sick of this message, I went into the program folder, and took out three files, "mp_pak1(through 3).pk3", I booted up, got an error message, "Blah, can't pay RTCW, Blah" Well, I put back the one that ended in "...pak1.pk3" and everything worked again, hope this is helpful for anyone else having a similar problem...if that's even an issue here...

chibianh
Jun 20, 2002, 09:44 PM
It happens to me all the time.. it gets frustrating... also, there are some games that i don't have maps for. Where would i be able to get the maps? All the ones i found are windows exe to install.

shadowfax0
Jun 20, 2002, 11:25 PM
Try what I did, see if it works, it did for me. For maps, you can get the PC ones, they will work, if they are zipped, you can use stuffit expander, the .exe's are a pain I know :) But alot of times you can find them 'as is' for d/l. You just have to looka round, there are ALOT, I believe if you go to rtcwfiles.com they have some, good luck