Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bonbooni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Hi, all

I got a macbook yesterday and had the guys at store upgrade the RAM to 4GB instead of 2GB. I took my device today but I noticed that the battery cover when you close it is not aligned with the rest of the bottom. I mean when you move your hand over the bottom then you hit the edge of the battery cover and feel it rising over the bottom not going smoothly as one surface-yeah may be the word I am looking for is surfaced with the rest of the bottom-It is a slight thing, is it normal or should I take the computer again tomorrow to the apple store to align/ surface the battery cover with the rest of the macbook bottom..??

My best regards to you all.

PS. the battery side is towards the bottom of the picture.

Attachments

• SNC00008.jpg
    SNC00008.jpg
    936 KB · Views: 117

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
100% normal. Just unclip it and put it back on if you want to try and realign it.

The only issue that's been seen is that the cover doesn't sit securely, and moves around a considerable amount.

raremage

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Orlando, Florida
100% normal. Just unclip it and put it back on if you want to try and realign it.

The only issue that's been seen is that the cover doesn't sit securely, and moves around a considerable amount.

It may be normal, but I ran into a similar issue when I upgraded my ram the other day.

What I discovered was I had inadvertently switched two of the small screws - the one from the back left corner (with the MB upside down) is larger than the other four short screws (as opposed to the 3 long ones). It fits into the hole on the cover, but not the hols on the frame - and so it's possible to screw it in and think everything is flush, when actually it has caused the bottom to bow a bit outward, resulting in a misalignment.

No idea if that's what happened to you, but it seems possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.