Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noah82

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
San Diego, CA
Ok, so I am probably a complete idiot for doing this so fast, but I was extremely excited to preview the 3.0 beta software that I paid the $99 to become a registered iPhone developer today.

I viewed the "before the install" .pdf in the developer site and proceeded to download the 3.0 software. I installed it on my iPhone and now iTunes is telling me that they are unable to complete my activation because the device is not registered in the beta program. It is asking me for my device ID, but since I already upgraded to 3.0 iTunes will not tell me my ID!

How can I go about finding the device ID now that my iPhone is in this state? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Saturnine

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2005
Manchester, UK
Sorry this is off topic, but I've been playing around with the SDK and 2.2.1 for a while now. Like you I paid the $99 subscription fee today. I just wondered how long it takes to receive the activation code?

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Sorry this is off topic, but I've been playing around with the SDK and 2.2.1 for a while now. Like you I paid the $99 subscription fee today. I just wondered how long it takes to receive the activation code?

A week or two. Assuming you are accepted.

noah82

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
San Diego, CA
I registered today and I got the confirmation within 2 hours. I can't use my phone though since I didn't add my device ID BEFORE upgrading to 3.0!!

Saturnine

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2005
Manchester, UK
A week or two. Assuming you are accepted.

I think that's been the usual in the past however others, like the OP, are saying they've paid today and already have access to the 3.0 SDK.

Also, during the sign-up process there's an indication that it's 'up to 24 hours' and there's no allusion anywhere that you may be 'rejected.'

To the OP - I'm sorry you're having trouble and I've hijacked your thread. Does this page help: http://www.iphoneventures.com/index.php/2008/12/09/get-an-iphone-device-id-for-provisioning/ ?

noah82

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
San Diego, CA
I think that's been the usual in the past however others, like the OP, are saying they've paid today and already have access to the 3.0 SDK.

Also, during the sign-up process there's an indication that it's 'up to 24 hours' and there's no allusion anywhere that you may be 'rejected.'

To the OP - I'm sorry you're having trouble and I've hijacked your thread. Does this page help: http://www.iphoneventures.com/index.php/2008/12/09/get-an-iphone-device-id-for-provisioning/ ?

Oh my god you are a freaking genius! I have my phone back! I owe you a St. Patrick's day beer! :D

sharp65

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
How do you register your device with apple? I installed the new firmware on my ipod touch to develop on, but when I connect to iTunes it says the device isn't registered and gives me a link just to the iphone developer section. I don't see a specific part where I can register the device.

edit: silly me, i got it sorted out.

xxMACxx

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008

I went thru this earlier this morning. You have to go to the Program Portal and add your device. My screen said you can have up to 100 devices. After doing this, and going into itunes, it activated the phone and finished the upgrade.

zoen11

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2009
Is the iPhone OS 3.0 locked?

-Can I install iphone os 3.0 beta (I'm a dev.) and then use it for every day, so use it normaly und install apps from the app store, etc...
-Is the iPhone OS 3.0 locked? Can I use it with every simcard??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.