Grimace
Apr 7, 2004, 10:07 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/internet/04/07/reality.show.ap/index.html

KC9AIC
Apr 7, 2004, 10:43 PM
How much more *endearing* can our good old friend AOL get. Yech! :( :o

voicegy
Apr 8, 2004, 01:04 AM
Yet another good reason to put on my list for dumping AOL in January. Boy, were they desperate to keep me...you can only "quit" AOL by calling them directly. First thing out of their mouths was "Did you get a cable or DSL line?", and I replied "Yes." (you can tell they've got this scripted to the max.) He then said, "Wow, that's really great! I'm sure you'll appreciate the higher speeds! Did you know AOL has a high speed dial up service that's cheaper? And AOL will be bringing our customers new services in the future, such as blah blah blah blah..."

I kept cutting into his speech, repeating, a la automated robot voice "Please cancel my service." "Please cancel my service." "Please cancel my service." Finally annoyed, he cut to the chase and honored my request. Sheeesh. :rolleyes:

Sparky's
Apr 8, 2004, 08:55 AM
OK, I admit a can't stand AOL, but the concept of the show, all things considered is really OK. I just wish I could check in on it by other means. I too am an entrepreneur developing a food product for the retail market. Not having a background in the food industry or self business, I would like to watch and see if what I learn could be applied to my own situation. Unfortunately, I feel, knowing the industry (Entertainment that is) it will probably turn into something like the Anna Nicole show, or the Osbournes. I hope it turns out to have some shred of common sense and not completely contrived idiocy just for "entertainments" sake.