Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hansZarkov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
First Mac Attack, must say I like working on these things, I'm working on a friends late 2004 ibook g4 that seems to boot up fine, but with lines across screen exactly like this one found in google images.

most of the info Ive come across seems to point to a logic board failure, but also have seen posts relating to LCD failure. wondering if any here have encountered this and what eventually found was problem.

this ibook is litterally on the verge of just being replaced anyway. I'm only working on it because It's a first, and believe the education is valuable.

Thanks for any help

Attachments

• ibook_screen.jpg
    ibook_screen.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 35

ElectroGhandi

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2009
Baltimore, MD
First Mac Attack, must say I like working on these things, I'm working on a friends late 2004 ibook g4 that seems to boot up fine, but with lines across screen exactly like this one found in google images.

most of the info Ive come across seems to point to a logic board failure, but also have seen posts relating to LCD failure. wondering if any here have encountered this and what eventually found was problem.

this ibook is litterally on the verge of just being replaced anyway. I'm only working on it because It's a first, and believe the education is valuable.

Thanks for any help

Textbook logic board failure due to graphics card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.