PDA

View Full Version : GeoMAME 0.57d

cb911
Jun 20, 2002, 08:32 PM
well, i've given up on MacMAME and i've got GeoMAME instead. i only wanted to play neo geo roms anyway. now i'm getting all the ROMs mostly from fileplanet.com. i was about to get Metal Slug X when i noticed that it said it was made for the NeoRageX emulator. i'm guessing this is an emulator for the PC, but i was just wondering if the ROM will still work in GeoMAME?
i thought that all Neo Geo ROMs will work in GeoMAME. is this right? i don't have to get ROMs that were made for GeoMAME do i?

cb911
Jun 20, 2002, 11:04 PM
ok, now i've got a few ROMs. i left them zipped and put them in the ROMs folder. then i opened GeoMAME, worked fine. tried to play Metal Slug, it loaded the ROM then it said that files were missing. whats going on!!???
has anyone else had this problem with GeoMAME or other emulators (MacMAME)?

i got the ROMs from file planet. have i just downloaded some bad ROMs or something? how can i fix this?

GeoMAME has a bit in common with MacMAME, so if you're a MacMAME person, let me know what you think about this- you might be able to help me out.

cb911
Jun 22, 2002, 11:07 PM
here's the latest. i've got the Neo Geo bios and now it plays Metal Slug fine. although after it loaded the ROM a message came up saying that there were files of unexpected length. i clicked OK and then Metal Slug played fine.
i tried it again with Fatal Fury 3 and Double Dragon. the ROM's loaded fine and then the same error message came up, but then it went to the GeoMAME screen where you play the game and just stayed black.

could the ROMs be faulty, or do i need a newer version of the Neo Geo bios?

somebody has to help me! so far this is looking like a journal of my problems with GeoMAME.......:rolleyes: