PDA

View Full Version : Some Fashion trends just need to be let go...

Sparky's
Apr 8, 2004, 09:42 AM
I got to draw the line on this one:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4685961/

rainman::|:|
Apr 8, 2004, 09:44 AM
OK wow that's gross. I mean, to each his own, but ick. I could totally see wearing cosmetic contacts-- i'm being fitted for some myself shortly, kind of a Manson look at parties-- but this is a little more serious than that...

Hopefully, they're never around any large magnets... Especially not ones behind them...

paul

wPod
Apr 8, 2004, 10:06 AM
i think its cool. . . an original idea. . . though kinda odd. i wouldnt get one myself.

there are only so many shapes you can chose from. . . hearts, or half moons, whats next? stars, horse shoes, rainbows, pots of gold. . . sounds like a 12 year old girl's sketches on her notebook . . . or the line up for the next lucky charms shapes!

what is next, eye tattoos? i think cosmetic contacts sound cooler

question fear
Apr 8, 2004, 10:09 AM
whoa...thats just not ok...its worse than the neck piercings i saw pics of a few years back...eep.

gwuMACaddict
Apr 8, 2004, 10:11 AM
i actually kinda like it... on someone else, not me- hahaha :D i have a few friends who wear contact lenses and have all of the different shapes and colors. it's like coordinating an outfit, what do you want to look like today. i think it's neat, i just wouldn't do it :cool:

PlaceofDis
Apr 8, 2004, 10:37 AM
i wear contacts but i could never do that, its just tacky to me....but to each their own i guess...even piercings are becomming d*** trite these days....

Danrose1977
Apr 8, 2004, 10:56 AM
At first glance I thought that was a growth of some kind....

wdlove
Apr 8, 2004, 11:10 AM
I have seen stories on a customized contact lens. It seems to very very popular with youth. The scary item is that they are being sold by vendors that have no training or skills in eye care. This is a health hazard issue.

rueyeet
Apr 8, 2004, 11:23 AM
As someone with a severe phobia of things being put into my eyes, I have to say 1) I wish I hadn't looked at this thread *shudder*, and 2) Eeeeeewwwww. :eek: