PDA

View Full Version : Beatallica

Juventuz
Apr 8, 2004, 10:34 AM
Like Metallica? Like The Beatles? Then this band is for you... Beatallica.

They take classic Beatles songs and give them the Metallica touch, the old school Metallica touch. The lead singer sounds JUST like Metallica frontman James Hetfield, right down to the Hetfield "yea-aahhs" and grunts. The play on songs is amazing, songs like "Blackened in the USSR" and "...And Justice for All My Loving".

Beatallica (http://www.beatallica.com)

ExoticFish
Apr 8, 2004, 01:21 PM
as a current Beatles fan and being a Metallica fan a long time ago (can't stand them now.. bleck) this is quite histarical. they really do have that metalica sound.

Apple Hobo
Apr 8, 2004, 02:53 PM
Hilarious! These guys are great! :D

Doctor Q
Apr 8, 2004, 06:50 PM
I always like parodies. :)
The song titles are great!

Sgt. Hetfield's Motorbreath Pub Band
I Want To Choke Your Band

Mitthrawnuruodo
Mar 4, 2005, 08:47 AM
From www.beatallica.com:

Beatallica.com has been shut down!

On Feb. 17th, 2005 a cease-and-desist letter was issued by Sony/ATV claiming "substantial and irreparable injury" and threatening legal action if the site was not taken down. The bulletin board is currently still up and there is an online petition to drop the C&D. To cover my ass, I have to state that I claim no responsibility for anything posted on the bulliten board.

I not a member of Beatallica or in any way associated with them short of being a long-time fan and being the registrant of this domain name. I am however a fellow musician and feel for these guys having thier passion taken from them. Please take a minute to check out my passion, hijack the disco.

The state of indepenent music is always at the mercy of the huge corporations. SUPPORT INDEPENDENT MUSIC.

Hurry on to Metafilter (http://music.metafilter.com/index.php?q=f&f=%2FBeatallica), if you want to hear them before they're completely shut down by Sony...

kettle
Mar 4, 2005, 09:05 AM
What a pleasant change.

giving it to Apple records and Metallica in stereo.

One the best examples of "they don't like it up 'em" this year.

Just downloading the lot. he he :D

Mitthrawnuruodo
Mar 4, 2005, 09:17 AM
What a pleasant change.

giving it to Apple records and Metallica in stereo.

One the best examples of "they don't like it up 'em" this year.

Just downloading the lot. he he :D
Actually, in this case Lars Ulrich has declared himself a big fan of Beatallica, so in this case they're in the clear... ;)

kettle
Mar 4, 2005, 09:38 AM
..of all the mysterious deaths in rock drummer history, Lars, who will presumably die from asphyxiation, quite unsurprisingly, will have spent too much of his talented life with his head up his own arse.

jefhatfield
Mar 6, 2005, 09:08 PM
they sound more like metallica than, uh, testament