Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kurushetra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2009
hello i am trying to do an app what show a list of selected files and then if you click in the name of one file open the file in a NStextview, the problem is what i dont know what object to use for the list i try a NStableview but i dont know if it is possilbe to do double click and open the file also the items in the list must be a selection depends of the contents of the file, if they have some particular words...¿somebody have any solution and a little code for help for the list and the click in the items?...

MrFusion

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2005
West-Europe
hello i am trying to do an app what show a list of selected files and then if you click in the name of one file open the file in a NStextview, the problem is what i dont know what object to use for the list i try a NStableview but i dont know if it is possilbe to do double click and open the file also the items in the list must be a selection depends of the contents of the file, if they have some particular words...¿somebody have any solution and a little code for help for the list and the click in the items?...

You are asking for a lot in once. Do you have any programming experience, or are you just starting out? Because if it is the first, it's best to stay away from GUI's and learn objective-c first.
If you already know something about obj-c, look in the docs for NSTableview and you will find "setDoubleAction". The documentation is your friend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.